Attendance Phone Number: 703.619.3636
Virtual attendance expectations for students and families
To the greatest extent possible, students should participate in all synchronous learning sessions during a school day. If students do not participate in a full day of synchronous learning, the school day can be supplemented with asynchronous learning, including students watching videos of previously recording synchronous sessions from teachers. Families may elect for a student not to participate in a live, synchronous learning session and watch the recording at a later time.
Families should communicate pre-arranged absences via our attendance phone line or our electronic attendance form.
At Stratford Landing, we will take attendance during all Morning Meetings (9:10 am), Tuesday – Friday.
On Mondays we will take attendance during your student’s schedule synchronous learning block of time with a SLES teacher (that time will be communicated to you by your student’s teacher).
If a student is NOT present at the Morning Meeting and does NOT participate in other synchronous sessions during the school day, that student will be marked unverified (absent) at the end of the school day.
Families of unverified students will receive a daily attendance eNotify that your student was unverified for the school day. If your student participated in learning during the day by completing asynchronous assignments or watching previously recorded learning sessions, simply reply YES to the eNotify daily attendance message and your student will be marked present and verified for the school day.
If a student is NOT present at the Morning Meeting but DOES participate in other synchronous sessions during the school day, that student will be marked verified and present.
Contacting the Attendance Line and Following-Up on Your Child's Absence
When you are contacting the school regarding your child's absence through the attendance line, attendance email, or the attendance form please do the following:
- Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
If you have any questions about attendance, or concerns about maintaining a school day schedule at home for any reason, please reach out directly to Stratford Landing administration and together we can problem solve and provide necessary supports for our families and students.