Portrait of a Graduate
Portrait of a Graduate (POG) is helping students to develop skills that will empower them to be both productive and successful in our global community. These skills are defined as:
- Communicator - Nurturing both verbal and written communication skills in students so they are effective communicators.
- Collabortator - Encouraging students to develop and use divergent thinking. Students are also charged to enhance their ability to work interdependently within a group.
- Ethical and Global Citizen - Helping students to further develop their sense of compassion and respect for others. Through Portrait of a Graduate, students are able to grow an ability to work with an understanding of diverse perspectives and cultures.
- Creative and Critical Thinker - Nurturing in students an ability to develop and utilize both problem solving skills and evidence-based decision making skills.
- Goal-Directed and Resilient Individual - Encouraging students to develop an ability to use time well, and to engage in both positive practices and relationships.