FCPS Distance Learning Grading Expectations and Grade Level Promotions
FCPS Grading Expectations During Distance Learning
- Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) does not recommend grading work completed during school closure
- For FCPS elementary schools, nothing is graded after 3/13 (day of closure) for 3rd quarter
- No fourth quarter grades will be assigned due to equity issues of access to technology and limited student ability to submit work during distance learning
FCPS Grade Level Promotion Expectations
- VDOE flexibility will ensure that students who were on-track as the school closure date, 3/13/2020, will be promoted to the next grade level.
- Superintendent Brabrand told the Board that, “We plan to err on the side of the student when it comes to graduation and promotion to the next grade.”