Calendars are subject to change.
View the FCPS calendar online: http://www.fcps.edu/cal.shtml . This calendar includes holidays, breaks, grading periods, and early release dates. Information about days missed and makeup days are also available.
Families can find the latest news about school events and happenings via the:
- Stratford Landing website – updated regularly, checked frequently
- Weekly teacher emails – communication once a week from student’s classroom teachers
- Sign up for News You Choose for PTA and other important updates and events
- eNotify messages from SLES admin – communication of all critical related information
- PTA website
- PTA Facebook page and Twitter
Stratford Landing Communication Tips:
- Encourage your child to communicate concerns/questions with the teacher on his/her own before you become involved in the conversation.
- We encourage families to discuss concerns with the teacher before contacting the school administration.
- Allow 24 hours turnaround time on teacher communication, including emails. Concise, brief emails are preferred and helps our staff maximize their planning times.
- Communicate to all teachers (including specialists) regarding important information about your child (i.e. illness, change in routine, death in the family, medication changes, etc.).
- Our Stratford Landing staff believes it to be a priority to maintain open lines of communication between our families and school community. Families are encouraged to contact a teacher if they have a concern. All teachers and staff have e-mail addresses and can be contacted by e-mail. Please give 24 hours for a teacher or staff member to respond to your inquiry. Urgent matters that need to be communicated immediately should go through the front office. If you are unsure about who to contact in the office, please feel free to review the ways each front office staff member supports the community below.
If you have a question for our office staff and are unsure who to contact, we have provided the ways each office staff member supports our community below.
Cathleen Vonada – Administrative Assistant
- Serves as the administrative assistant to Kevin Morris
- Supports office staff as needed
- Process orders for supplies, equipment professional materials for staff
- Maintains finance and accounting requirements for Stratford Landing
- Maintains accounts for grants and memorials
- Compiles and reconciles monthly and yearly reports and statements
Kris Rakes - Registrar
- Student registration
- Student records
- Attendance questions
- Help creating parent SIS Accounts
Pearl Graham – Office Assistant
- Maintain contacts with families through e-mail and/or phone calls
- Welcomes substitutes
- Maintains school website
- Please see “Return to School 2020-2021” announcement for information regarding the beginning of this school year
- Sends Keep In Touch correspondence
- Assists with clerical work
Kate Pennington – Office Assistant/Parent Liaison
- Facilitates and assists with home, school and community communication
- Work alongside Administration, teachers and PTA to create community and positive learning environment
- Promote and encourage understanding of our families’ cultural diversity
- Connect families with outside resources
- Speak Spanish and assist with communication for staff and parents/guardians
- Provides school tours
- Assists with clerical work as needed
How Do We Contact You?
Your emergency contact information is vital to us and to you. It accompanies your child everywhere he or she goes – even on field trips. Phone numbers, addresses, and the names of the adults you permit to take your child from school should all be kept current.
You can input, access, and update your child’s emergency care information via the FCPS program, weCare@school, which is available through the Parent View account on FCPS 24-7. It is fast, easy, and safe.
The paper version of the emergency care form is still available. It is not necessary to complete both the paper and the online version.