School Innovation & Improvement Plan (SIIP)
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation & Improvement Plan
- Stratford Landing Elementary
- Region 3
- Kevin Morris, Principal
English Language Arts
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in English Language Arts.
- By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, 75% of students in grades 1-3 will demonstrate a year's worth of growth as measured with the iReady Reading Universal Screener. Additionally, 75% of Kindergarteners will demonstrate a year's worth of growth as measured with PALS-K Assessment.
- Strategy 1: Improve use of interactive read alouds for building knowledge and vocabulary through texts that affirm students' lived experiences.
- Strategy 2: Expand use of conversation structures to increase academic talk and build relationships among students.
- Strategy 3: Expand access to evidence-based tier 1 instruction as well as intervention for students demonstrating risk in a multi-tiered system of supports.
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in Mathematics.
By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, 75% of students in grades 1-6 will make a year's worth of growth as measured by the Math iReady.
- Strategy 1:Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Strategy 2: Increase teacher implementation of explicit instruction and other components of effective mathematics intervention.
- Strategy 3: Use conversation structures to increase academic talk between students.
Outcome: Ensure students develop appropriate social and emotional self-regulation tools.
During the 2023-2024 school year, Stratford Landing Elementary School will utilize Zones of Regulation with 100% fidelity to support students' understanding of emotions and management of them, as measured by the 2023-2024 end of year SEL Screener domain of self management (increase from 51% to 65%) as well as students' ability in grades K-6 to identify all four zones correctly and tell a story of a time they were in a Zone and were in control of their self-regulation.
- Strategy 1: School wide implementation of Zones of Regulation curriculum in all classrooms to support students' understanding of emotions/feelings.
- Strategy 2: School-wide implementation of Responsive Classroom to support SEL practices throughout the school day.
- Strategy 3: Develop and provide intentional evidence-based, Tier 2 and Tier 3 behavior/wellness interventions for students who demonstrate need
For additional information regarding this School Plan, please contact Kevin Morris