Calendars are subject to change.
View the FCPS calendar online: http://www.fcps.edu/cal.shtml . This calendar includes holidays, breaks, grading periods, and early release dates. Information about days missed and makeup days are also available.
Parents can find the latest news about school events and happenings via the:
- SLES Whisk Home Wednesday Folder. Check your child’s folder weekly
- SLES Digest: Regular newsletter
- Keep in Touch e-mail system
- Community Resource Center (school lobby)
- PTA Facebook page and Twitter
Stratford Landing Communication Tips:
- Encourage your child to communicate concerns/questions with the teacher on his/her own before you become involved in the conversation.
- We encourage parents to discuss concerns with the teacher before contacting the school administration.
- Allow 24 hours turnaround time on teacher communication, including emails. For every email you send to your teacher, takes away from the time they spend planning for student learning.
- Communicate with the teacher if you have a concern.
- Communicate to all teachers (including specialists) regarding important information about your child (i.e. illness, change in routine, death in the family, medication changes, etc.).
- Email is best for communicating information, asking questions and making appointments, whereas face-to-face meetings or phone conversations are appropriate for larger issues. Please pre-arrange a meeting rather than going directly to a classroom unannounced.
- Communicate changes in transportation with the office and teacher by 2:45 p.m. Please note that teachers do not check their email during instructional time, so alerting the office is best.
- Our Stratford Landing staff believes it to be a priority to maintain open lines of communication between our parent and school community. Parents are encouraged to contact a teacher if they have a concern. All teachers have phones in their classrooms where a parent can leave a message during the school day. All teachers and staff also have e-mail addresses and can be contacted by e-mail. Please give 24 hours for a teacher or staff member to respond to your inquiry. Urgent matters that need to be communicated immediately should go through the front office.
How Do We Contact You?
Your emergency contact information is vital to us and to you. It accompanies your child everywhere he or she goes – even on field trips. Phone numbers, addresses, and the names of the adults you permit to take your child from school should all be kept current.
You can input, access, and update your child’s emergency care information via the FCPS program, weCare@school, which is available through the Parent View account on FCPS 24-7. It is fast, easy, and safe.
The paper version of the emergency care form is still available. It is not necessary to complete both the paper and the online version.
Stratford Landing Renovation/Addition – Spring
In the school year 2016-2017, SLES will undergo a $25 million dollar renovation/addition. This project is estimated to take about 22 months and finish during the spring of 2018. Below is a VoiceThread presentation about the upcoming Stratford Landing ES renovation/addition. Please take some time to listen to the overview. If you have any questions after viewing the presentation, please feel free to submit them here and we will do our best to answer them.